I am continuing my New Year’s tradition of sharing my top seven blogs that received the most hits during the past year.
Six of my top seven most read blogs were published in earlier years. I guess as more people read them, they come toward the top on google searches and get even more readers. Only one of the top seven was actually written and published this year.
Six of the seven blogs relate to some aspect of diversity: LGBTQ+, Hispanic, Muslim, diversity in sports and diversity in job search.
Here are the seven most read of 2023, starting with number 7 and working up to number one.
7) This year’s number 7 was the one blog on the list that was written and published this year – Seven “Trigger Words” Against the LGBTQ Community. I share seven words or phrases that are highly insulting and demeaning to LGBTQ+ people. This may be important content to include in LGBTQ+ diversity training.
6) This year’s number 6 was also last year’s number 6 – “Three Wonderful Recent Examples of Diversity and Sports,” in which I provide short summaries with links about an NFL football player with one hand, an WNBA player who is a new mother with her wife, and a college track star who overcame a harsh abusive upbringing in Africa.
5) Returning from 2021’s “Top 7” is this blog initially published in 2018. I received excellent assistance from local activist and Muslim woman Zainab Baloch, “Five Things To Never Say To a Muslim.”
4) Appearing for in the first time in my “Top 7” last year at number five, and now moving up one slot is “Active Listening Skills of Influential Leaders” published in March 2020.
With the growing number of Hispanic people in the US, it makes sense that:
3) Written in collaboration with my part-time biligual consultant in staff, Elsa Maria Jimenez Salgado, “Five Things to Never Say to Hispanic People.”
2) And actually written as a guest blog piece by Elsa Maria Jimenez Salgado and 2021 and 2022’s number one blog, “Seven Misconceptions or Stereotypes of Hispanic People.”
1) And now number 1!! Written in 2020 and appearing in my list for the first time last year as #2 is “Five Tips for Highlighting Your Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion in Your Resume: Here’s How.” As diversity, equity and inclusion becomes increasingly important in the workplace, this blog can prove to be a valuable resource for job seekers.
I wish all of my faithful readers a happy and fulfilling 2024. To stay in touch and to receive my monthly newsletter in which I summarize all blogs written in the previous month, please do subscribe to my newsletter. Or check out this page to connect to my LinkedIn or business Facebook page.